Thursday, December 15, 2011

Character Design: Grace

I was playing around with a different drawing style and got a character sketch that I really liked, so I decided to go all-out with it and turn it into a finalized character, who I've named Grace. The top left drawing is the initial sketch, and the others were just me getting to know her a little better before I got into a finalized design.
 
I explored a few different color possibilities. I had initially imagined her as a redhead with a blue outfit, but I tried a couple other combos as well just to see what happened.  For a while I was really favoring the brown and purple designs, but in the end I decided that, while it was nice visually, it didn't really fit with the personality I had in mind for her, so I went back to my first choice of red and blue.    
 


And the final turnaround:
 

2 comments:

  1. I like what you did with her, she turned out great colored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://drawthisdress.tumblr.com/

    Ivan showed me this. So fun. ^^

    ReplyDelete